Tuesday 3 September 2013

Welcome to zentangle

 
OH MY WOW, yet another avenue of mixed media and journaling that I have fallen in love with!!  How could you not love something that makes you feel less anxious and absolutely let you find a calm place?  ZENTANGLE allows for this to happen!!!!
 
I started with some golden aqua paint (the only Golden paint color I have and I am so in love with it!!!)  I do not work for or have many Golden products however I am absolutely in heaven when I use them.  I am on a very limited budget but if you can only spend a bit of money then I would suggest buying one or two things at a time, it is so worth it and you absolutely get your moneys worth!!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE GOLDEN Products!!!!!!!
 
 
I lined this with tissue paper and then used bubble wrap over the top to create some visual interest on top of the textured background.  I used water color and dyed coffee filters to create a mud puddle.  I used acrylic paint for the rest.  NOW the zentangle part I had to get micron pens for....or I thought I did.  I used those to create the boots but was not long going through a pen due to the amount of pressure I place on the pen.  That said, SHARPIE, puts out a wonderful fine tip and usually you can buy in packs of 4, so you can have them all over the house....lol.
 
 
 I entitled her SHEZEN because I felt it best explained what you were looking at.  This was my first attempt at a girl and I love the idea of making her hair look fun and wild all at the same time...oh oh oh, I just had a thought....have to do a rocker girl in zentangle.....love that idea...alas I digress...

I used acrylic paint to paint her face, headband,shirt and flower.  I love the use of color with zentangle but when I looked at her hair I felt it was just great, so I only added some lead pencil and blended with my fingers. 
Both of these art pieces I really enjoyed putting together.  they both took a couple of days as time is limited but I would suggest looking into this as an art all by itself.  I plan to teach zentangle to others in the fall.  What a fun and relaxing thing to do while spending time with loved ones.
Much love and I wish you all good fortune in getting some Sharpies and start doodling
cheers
t

No comments:

Post a Comment