Tuesday 3 September 2013

ROCK ON

 
This is by far my favorite mixed media post yet...there are more to come.  I loved doing this and seeing it come together and with just a few items.  I used a brick wall stencil from crafters companion!  They are yet another company that is absolutely my fav!!!  I found this wall sticker but it completely inspired this journal page. 
 
I used gesso to paint the walls, and yet even though I went over the lines it created an even better rock girl look.  When the gesso was dry I used Stampin Up grey  to color the background. I just laid the ink pad down and swirled it around.  After you get color laid down have a baby wipe ready and wipe off all the extra ink that is laying on the gesso. 
 
I used Quickutz spotlight alphabet and my Big Shot to cut the letters out.  I loved that the grey peeked out of the polka dots in the letters.  I used acrylic paint to paint the dots around the rocker girls hand.  Oh yea and a little washi tape..well if the tape matches and ya wanna use it ROCK IT!
 
 
 
 
HOpe you enjoyed the show!  For the next publication return to this sight and be prepared for another rocking page!!!!
 
much love to you all
t

No comments:

Post a Comment